1. do it yourself, then。
既然如此,你自己来吧。【疯狂想像:别人抱怨你没做好的时候说!】
a: that"s not the way i wanted it done。
这可不是我想要的方式。
b: do it yourself, then。
那你自己来呗。
2. that"s more like it。
a: don"t talk to your brother that way!
别跟你哥哥那么说话!
b: i"m sorry i insulted you, jimmy。
对不起,我侮辱了你,吉米。
a: that"s more like it。
那这像话。
3. that"s going too far。
太过分了!
a: should i buy my girlfriend a car?
我是不是该给我女朋友买部车呢?
b: that"s going too far。
那太过分了!
4. see. / i told you (so)。
a: it was stupid of me to go bungee jumping。
我居然去蹦极,真是太蠢了。
b: see, i told you so。
看,我早就这么说。
5. so what?
a: you"re not wearing your seatbelt。
你没系安全带。
b: so what?
那又怎样?
6. i"m counting on you. / you"re my only hope。
a: sure, i"ll come watch you give your speech。
当然,我会来看你演讲的。
b: great, i"m counting on you!
太好了,我就指望你了。
7. do something (about it) ! / don"t just sit there!
想想办法吧!(别闲坐着!)
a: honey, the garbage needs to be taken out。
亲爱的,垃圾该拿出去了。
b: so, don"t just sit there, go do something about it!
那你就别光坐在那儿了,去做点事吧!
8. who do you think you are?
a: you shouldn"t talk to your children that way。
你不该这么跟你的孩子们说话。
b: who do you think you are? mind your own business。
你以为你是谁啊?管好自己的事吧。
9. stop playing the fool. / don"t act stupid。
别装傻了。
a: honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?
亲爱的,你能把碗碟放进洗碗机里吗?
b: i don"t know how to run it。
我不知道怎么操作。
a: stop playing the fool!
别装傻了!
10. any complaints? / do you have something to say?
你有何不满?/你有什么话要说吗?
a: can i see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表吗?
b: here it is. do you have something to say?
这就是。你有什么要说吗?